Item 82187 - New looms arriving at the Hill Mill, Lewiston, October 1961
- Item 82187 - New looms arriving at the Hill Mill, Lewiston, October 1961
- Contributed by Franco-American Collection, University of Southern Maine Libraries
- Item 82187
- Zoom
- 5702px x 4563px - 19.0"w x 15.2"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of Franco-American Collection, University of Southern Maine Libraries
-
Image Info The Hill Mill was one of many textile mills in Lewiston-Auburn. Construction began on the mill in 1850 under the Hill Manufacturing Company of local industrialist Thomas J. Hill. The mill remained operational for over a century, during which time it was absorbed into the Bates Manufacturing Company before it closed in 1971.
Show Details