Item 33989 - Decorated Journal Building, Biddeford, 1916
- Item 33989 - Decorated Journal Building, Biddeford, 1916
- Contributed by McArthur Public Library
- Item 33989
- Zoom
- 3668px x 4957px - 12.2"w x 16.5"h @ 300dpi | Need a larger size?
- *Credit line must read: Collections of McArthur Public Library
-
Image Info The Biddeford Journal Building decorated for the Tercentenary Celebration, 1916, with the staff assembled out front. The city was celebrating the 300th anniversary of its founding and settlement. The Journal Building is located on Adams Street and faces the City Building and what is known as "City Square". The people assembled in the front of the building are (left to right): Hon. Charles Prescott, owner of the building and publisher of the Journal; Hon. George B. Goodwin; Mrs. Charles Prescott; Mrs. Walter G. Johnson; Mr. R. F. Wormwood, editor; Mr. Philip Tapley; Mr. Michael Twomey; Mr. Eugene Lord; Mr. George Bridgman. The man on the far right is unidentified.
Show Details